All about Education
The Education Committee works to ensure all students have access to an equal and high-quality public education by promoting school resource equity, increasing teacher quality, promoting parent engagement, and enhancing early childhood literacy initiatives. We seek to improve the effectiveness, accountability and accessibility of the public school system and aim to be a center of education on the race question.
NAACP works to reduce undue placement of minority youth in special education programs. We promote affirmative action and funding equity in higher education. Overall, the NAACP strives to eliminate education related racial and ethnic disparities.
Critical concerns and efforts include:
- Seek to eliminate segregation and other discriminatory practices in public education.
- Study local educational conditions affecting minority groups.
- Eliminate textbook material which is racially derogatory.
- Promote parental involvement and student school attendance.
- Keep informed of school conditions and strive to correct abuses where found.
African American Studies Department (San Jose state University):
African American Student Advocates -AASA @ ESUHSD
This is an advocacy group that brings together African American parents and community members to discuss issues that affect African American students at East Side Union High School District. If your are interested to know more about this group, please, visit their website listed below.
Voicemail Number: 408-347-2501